As most providers know, staying on top of your outstanding claims is vital to billing. We want to help you do just that. That’s why we created the Balances Due You report.
The Balances Due You report is a vital report that lets you monitor what claims are still owed to your practice.
On that report you can monitor all rejected claims, view their rejected claim status, resubmit the claim, add a note to the claim and view the CMS-1500 document.
How do I get to the Balances Due You Report?
Once you’re logged into your My Clients Plus account and on the main menu, look under Reporting and Activity. On the right hand side you will see the Balances Due You report. Click on that report and select the range in which you’d like to view. Most select See Everything. Then click Go. A list will show listing all outstanding claims that are yet to be paid. They will be listed by insurance company, private pay and fee for service.
Lets take a look at the page.
Starting from the left of the screen you will see the bill date, session date, client name, clients date of birth, insurance ID number, bill amount and then two or three icons (depending on the bill). What are these icons?
- Adobe paper icon– This is the first icon. Click on this to view the CMS-1500 form.
- Stop sign icon– The stop sign lets you know that the claim was rejected. Hover your mouse over that icon and a box will pop up and let you know why the claim was rejected.
- Clip board and paper icon– Is the notes icon. Click this icon when you want to leave a note on the bill. This is a billing note and will go away once a payment has been posted to the Client Session.
How do I know if my claim is rejected?
Any claim with a red stop sign on the right hand side of it is a rejected claim that needs to be reviewed, corrected and resubmitted. You can view the rejected claim status (the reason the claim was rejected) by hovering your computers mouse over the red stop sign. A box will pop up and let you know why the claim was rejected. If you are unsure of the reason or how to fix the issues, feel free to contact customer service so they can look up your claim and assist you in fixing that claim.
How do I resubmit my rejected electronic claim?
- Once you have fixed the reason that the claim was rejected, you can easily resubmit right from the Balances Due You report. It is a good idea to make a note in the Balances Due You report that you resubmitted the claims by clicking on the ‘Notes’ icon next to the electronic billing icon. This is a billing note and will go away once a payment has been posted to the Client Session.
- To resubmit click on the red stop sign icon on the right of your rejected claim. A box will pop up titled “Confirm the Session(s) to Resubmit”. Check all claims you want to resubmit and click resubmit. A box should pop up that says “Successfully resubmitted!”. You claim has now been successful resubmitted.
The PDF in the Balances Due You report will not be updated with the corrected information. You can view the resubmitted claim by going to Account Activity by Client, and clicking on the link that says “Resubmitted Claim.”