How do I refund a payment?
- Click on Payments Received and Adjustments and then Enter a New Item. Then choose From Client and select the client name.
- In the total amount box at the top, enter the amount of the Refund (it will be a negative amount) and then enter the refund check number.
- Click on the hand next to the session to be refunded (should have a negative billed charge). Click Save if you are refunding the full amount of the Billed Charge. If you are refunding only a portion, enter the portion that you are not refunding in the Carry Forward box.
- Enter a note in Reference ” Refund of $x amount”
- Click Save and Update Client Balance. This will take the client’s account back to $0.